Dr. M R Girinath M.B.B.S, M.S, M.Ch, FRACS, FLACS
No. 21, Greams Lane
Off. Greams Road
Tamil Nadu , 600006
- First to apply heart, lung machine-supported Coronary Angioplasty in India
- First surgeon to repair a complex congenital heart defect in a child below one year
- Participated in the first multi-organ transplant in India (Heart, Liver, Kidneys and Cornea)
Presented over 275 papers and around 20 orations
Presented over 275 papers at national and international conferences and made around 20 orations including the Subroto Memorial Oration and the Sadasivan Oration.
- Been at the forefront in establishing coronary bypass surgery as a standardised and safe procedure in India
- Recipient of many national awards including the Padma Bhushan
- Trained over 20 surgeons who, together, perform 20% of the cardiac surgeries done in the country today
One of the first surgeons to obtain the M Ch degree in Cardio Vascular Surgery in India
Year Received: 1969A pioneer in cardiac surgery for infants, coronary bypass surgery, multi-valve replacement and cardiac transplantation.
- Performed nearly 25,000 open-heart operations in the last 16 years
M.Ch (Cardiothoracic Surgery) - All India Institute of Medical Science , Delhi , Delhi , India , 1969
MS (General Surgery) - All India Institute of Medical Sciences , Delhi , Delhi , India , 1966
MBBS - All India Institute of Medical Sciences , Delhi , Delhi , India , 1963
FLACS - IATCS , 1995
FRACS - Royal Australasian College of Surgeons , Melbourne , Australia
Affiliated Hospitals or Clinics
No reviews yet; Be the first one to review!